Isaac Physics Books
The exercises in "Mastering essential pre-university physics", in "Mastering Essential GCSE Physics", and in "Mastering essential pre-university chemistry" help students master the concepts of physics and physical chemistry included in typical Sixth Form and GCSE courses:
- Use the themed question sets to practise applying single principles of physics or physical chemistry to a range of situations, beginning with manipulating the essential equations.
- Use the fact sheets to test physics knowledge.
Check your answers at isaacphysics.org or at isaacchemistry.org where online versions of each question set can be found. Register (free) and get personalised support, for both students and teachers:
- Students can enter their answers to questions for Isaac Physics or Chemistry to mark.
- Teachers can set question sheets for homework and then obtain detailed results for each student.
- Bulk orders of the books (20 or more copies) can be made at £1 per book plus post and packing. Single copies can also be bought by following the links in the menu.
Download here parts of Mastering Physics and of Problem-Solving.
Included are the content pages, introduction and the starts of the AS and the A2 sections of Mastering Physics, and all of Developing Problem-Solving book.
Developing Problem-Solving Skills gives fully worked solutions for two
isaacphysics problems to illustrate the methods and skills being developed.
It also gives a sample question from each section of the isaacphysics
Download here parts of Mastering Physical Chemistry.
Included are the content pages, introduction, the mapping of each question set onto exam specifications, and chapters A & B.
parts of Mastering Essential GCSE Physics.
Included are the content pages, introduction, notes for teachers, and how to
use the book. Then follow the first 13 sections of the book, covering
basic skills and most of mechanics.
For teachers: on the book pages you will find:
- A specification map linking your board's topics with the appropriate book
section. One more click will set as homework the section being taught! See
the teacher notes about marking and analysis of results by Isaac.
- A hyperlinked pdf of the book text plus examples for class room projection
is available on the book's web pages.